Friday 12 November 2010

Why i chose photography


Why have I chosen photography? Well I feel the reason I chose this subject is because it was completely new and exciting for me.
From the first time I stepped inside the college my first thought was to pursue fashion, as it was something I was interested in at the time.
I was wondering round and found myself listening in on a talk about photography and what it entailed.
From then on I wanted to do photography.
From an early age I have always been creative, I always enjoyed art class and anything really for me to show off what I can do with my hands.
Photography for me is great as you always have an end result and I love that feeling of creating something and people enjoying what they see.

After completing the national diploma in photography my career ambitions have changed so many times as I feel I haven’t found myself as a photographer yet; I’m still exploring. But for now my interests are mainly portrait photography and fashion, I like the beauty side of photography instead of the very processed and fake type of photography. But as the years go by I can imagine this will change.

I have done some of my own work experience as I feel the more work you do the better you get at it. So I have been a wedding photographer for a family friend and it sure was a learning curve. Just in that one day I learned more about that type of photography then I did just reading about it.

I have also taken portraits of family and their children. This is the type of photography I feel most comfortable in, but every now and then I also love to do my own ideas which pop into my head.

As I look at different photographers I find more and more inspiration for my own work and projects.
I have two jobs at the moment and for each one I feel they help me with the skills I need for photography, I’m not a very loud person and with that interaction with different types of people really helps me with my own progression in photography.

Over all photography as a very big business and I never thought I would take this rout, so for me it’s a subject that I can learn something new every day and expand on things and get the chance to express my creativity and not get told off for doing the wrong thing.

I don’t think I would change my choice of photography over fashion as I love what I have achieved and I’m looking forward to what I could do in the future, there is so much to chose from and all different directions I can go but I will never know which way I am going to go, just to look forward of what comes my way.

But I will never know everything and to me know one can say they know everything in photography as it is constantly changing and updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment