Monday 26 March 2012

My website.

So a part of being a professional photographer you need to have some sort of online portfolio so people can access that easily and get in touch with you. 
Making a website has always been a big part for me as i'm not very computer friendly. It confuses me with all the codes, so to find a website maker that is easy and straight forward had been hard up to this point.


Looking at some of the other fellow photographers on my course and how they went about making their own website. Some people paid for it to be made for them, other just made them by hand. I came across wix.com and it was so easy to set up and understandable.


Apart from my portfolio i had never really got a chance to put all my photography into one place and see how they sit next to each other. this was a long process and i didn't realise how much work i really had. 


It was easy to understand the working of the website but it took ages to get it the way i really wanted it to look. 
Look wise i wanted something clean and professional, I also wanted it to keep in theme with my business cards which are black whites and greys. I choose this colour theme as a have a high interest in black and white photography, so there was a link involved. 


On the website there were a choice of different choices and i wanted something that would give impact, and let the viewer get a taste of my work before looking into different areas of my work.


2 hours....
The next stage after the home page was completed i wrote a passage that i needed to promote myself. i wanted to include previous experiences i've had so they could get a idea about what i've done. Such as weddings and working with clients through other projects (Attik dance).  


2 hours....
Such websites like flickr are a good way of keeping images in one place. Tracking them and my progress through the photography course. So when it came to adding my images i knew exactly where to go to get a bulk of my images for the site. 
I split the sections into portraits, landscapes and weddings as people can relate easier rather than putting whole series on and making them hard to get to. 


1 hour....
for this time I updated my website and added my photographs from the weddings I've done. having a website up and running is an easy way for potential clients to access your work instead of carrying around a portfolio all the time. I updated this so my latest potential client could see my work and be confident that they were making the right decision on asking me to do their wedding. 




With some more weddings happening this year i plan on putting more images on there.
Im really pleased with the result and think i've achieved what i was looking for and asking peoples opinions to get it just right helps. I want people to think of me in a professional manner. 


There are adverts on the website so far but you can purchase a domain name and this will remove them from the site. making it just yours. i plan on doing this some time soon. but here are the prices. 


 One Year: $14.95   Two Years: $27.90    Three Years: $38.85
web site address:
Link to website







No comments:

Post a Comment